- This event has passed.
August 7, 2016 - August 8, 2016
Any online entry enquiries contact Jason Parker on 9285 8501 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry is for per a person.
Dragon Boats and Outrigger 6 enter as a team
The Avon Challenge presented by Be Active is conducted by Canoeing WA, in association with the Northam’s Avon Descent Association. The race is open to all junior paddlers from schools, clubs, other organisations and individuals. This year the race will also be open to Dragon boats, Outriggers and Stand up Paddlers.
The Avon Challenge is held on the Swan River, over the last 16 kilometres of the Avon Descent course. Participation is in two, three and six-person Canadian canoe teams.
In the team relays each team member paddles one of the stages, the team swaps the paddler, number bib, boat and any other equipment (as required).
In the individual Iron-Person race, competitors paddle the whole course non-stop.
The race organisers reserve the right to combine craft to form a class.
Dragon Boats, 2 Person Outriggers, 6 Person Outriggers, Single Outrigger, SUP 12/6 ft, SUP 14 ft, Team 3 Legs, Team 2 legs, Canadian Canoe Team 3 leg and U18 Iron-Person 15km
Avon Challenge Details 2016
Date: Sunday 7th August 2016
Venue: Swan River – Middle Swan Bridge, Middle Swan to Riverside Gardens, Bayswater
Entries: Entries close 9:00am WST, Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Briefing: 8:30am, at Middle Swan Bridge, Middle Swan Reserve,
Start: Interval starts by classes, in grids
9.00am – Stand Up Paddlers
9.02am – 3 Leg Team Relay /Single Outrigger
9.04am – 2 Leg Team Relay / Double Outrigger
9.10am – Dragon Boats
9.12am – 6 people Outrigger
9.15am – Iron Person
Distance: 15 kilometers
11am cut off time for Ascot Kayak Club. If you have not reached this checkpoint by this time you will be pulled off the water.
Presentations will be at 1pm
- Dragon Boat $220 for a team
- Outrigger 2 person $30 each
- Outrigger 6 person $180 for a team
- Outrigger singles $30 each
- Stand Up Paddling 14′ $25 each
- Stand Up Paddling 14′ Team- 2 Legs $25 each
- Stand Up Paddling 12’6-14’ Mixed 3 legs $25 each
- U10 Guppy Team- 3 Legs $10 CWA member $20 Non-CWA member
- U12 Guppy Team- 3 legs $10 CWA member $20 Non-CWA member
- U15 Team- 2 legs $20 CWA member $30 Non-CWA member
- U15 Double Canadian- 3 Legs $20 CWA member $30 Non-CWA member
- U15 Team- 3 legs $20 CWA member $30 Non-CWA member
- U18 Double Canadian- 2 legs $20 CWA member $30 Non-CWA member
- U18 Iron Person- Men $20 CWA member $30 Non-CWA member
- U18 Iron Person- Women $20 CWA member $30 Non-CWA member
- U18 Team- 2 legs $20 CWA member $30 Non-CWA member
ALL competitors (under 18) must wear a PFD to compete. Paddlers under the age of 14 must have an escort paddler accompany them down the course unless deemed competent by their coaches.