We are seeking expression of interests from coaches for the roles of Head Coach and Assistant Coach/es for the above competition being held at Eildon, Victoria from 4 – 12 January 2018.
The successful applicant must have the following accreditations and experience
- Accredited Australian Canoeing Coach in Australia
- Current Working with Children check
- At least 4 years’ experience in coaching Junior boys and girls as well as Under 23 paddlers
- Experience, in high performance, as an athlete
- Currently coaching Junior and Under 23 athletes (13 and above)
- Previous experience as a coach or an assistant coach in high performance
Please include the following documents in your application:
In your cover letter please outline the following:
- Why you are interested in the position
- Your philosophy on coaching
- 15-18 years old girls and boys in a high performance program
- Under 23 athletes in a high performance program
- List the two (2) main areas, that in your opinion, athletes in this age group in Western Australia need to focus
See below for coaching duties:
- The coach will conduct all training sessions in a professional manner where all athletes are engaged and treated equally, fairly and with understanding of individual
- The Coach will develop the athletes’ skills and techniques using their knowledge and experience for the paddlers’ benefit.
- The coach will prepare a training plan for every session. The plan will be developed in conjunction with the assistant coach/es when
- The coach agrees to accept all requirements set by Canoeing WA in their contract, as well as in the State Coaches Code of
- Preparing and training paddlers during all required training sessions in the days before the Nationals and Schools. This will include assisting the paddlers to adjust to the conditions.
- Mentoring the group on race days and giving advice to paddlers on their tactical approach.
- Liaise with the Team Manager to ensure adequate safety on the water is provided during training sessions.
- Liaising with the Team Manager to select the paddlers to earn points for our state and choosing teams and C2 combinations.
This position comes with an honorarium that will be discussed further with the successful coaches upon appointment.
Applicants should itemize components of fees to reflect coaching separately from expenses such as travel and accommodation.
Enquiries seeking information should be directed to Andrew Pankhurst, President, WA Slalom Technical Committee by emailing slalomWA@gmail.com.
Please apply by email to slalomWA@gmail.com
Applications should be lodged by Friday 13 October 2017.